Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The story of stuff

One of the things that will definitely stick in my mind when I think about colloquium, was the extremely varied number of opinions that I got, when I showed "The Story of Stuff" for my presentation. I am still not sure whether the average opinion from the class, concerning the clip, was positive or negative. But the fact that I heard it referenced, probably a dozen times, even long after I showed it. Tells me it was a success. Because at least I managed to get people to pay attention and think. I do feel, that some of the animosity that I heard in responses, was because I hit a little too close to home for some avid shoppers. But I think a little introspection about the ecological impacts of their habits, was probably a good thing. Even if they didn't like what the found.
I did find it amusing that Jeb decided that the author would be pro-cap and trade, when she recently created another clip outlining the issues with the cap and trade system.
http://www.storyofstuff.com/capandtrade/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment