Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Environmental Art:

Being both a scientist and an artist, my art seems to always get filled with influences from whatever I am currently studying in my science classes. Recently, I have been getting into jewelry making, which was significantly helped by the fact that this past year, the arts department was given $20,000 worth of jewelry equipment and gemstones. Anyways, I have really gotten to love casting organic items in silver. Here are some of the pieces I recently made.

On the left: A pendant with a piece of fossilized coral, that I cast the imprint of in sterling silver and then added a black opal and some lapis lazuli.




Bottom: Several partially complete projects, including a silver dragonfly, acorn cap, and carved turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment